The All-on-4® treatment concept is a permanent solution for people missing an entire arch of teeth. As few as four dental implants secure one arch of restored teeth in place.
In the last few years, the prominence of complete dentures has diminished. The rise of fixed implant dentures has been incredibly popular, as they are seen as superior to conventional dentures.
Benefits of the All-on-4® Treatment Concept
The All-on-4® treatment concept benefits include:
- Facial bone stimulation and rejuvenation.
- An attractive smile.
- Fully functional chewing.
- Diet variety.
- Clear, confident speech.
How The All-On-4® Treatment Concept Works
The All-On-4® treatment concept is a surgical solution to replace missing teeth and dental implants with a single surgery.
Mini-implants are the most common implant type for implant dentures. Mini dental implants have many advantages:
- They do not require oral surgery to be placed.
- Their requirement for alveolar bone density is noticeably less.
- Their screw design allows dentures to be attached immediately.
Dentures are said to help the mini implants osseointegrate because the rigid framework of the arch of teeth keeps the implants fixed more in place.
All-On-4® Treatment Concept vs. All-on-X: What’s the Difference?
The number after “all-on” refers to the number of implants that your dentures are being secured with. Four is the most common amount on the lower jaw. All-on-X uses anywhere from 3–6 implants for our dentures. The roof of your mouth may use as few as four but typically needs around six due to its thinner bone and the location of nerves.
Why Is All-On-4® Treatment Concept from Dental by Design Better?
Our implant process is guided by computers to ensure that bite forces, which can be surprisingly strong, are distributed evenly across your custom-fitted dentures. This helps to:
- Evenly stimulate the jawbone with each implant as you chew.
- Ensure that your dentures will fit flat and snuggly in your mouth.
- Keep your breath smelling fresh, and your gums feeling comfortable.
What Happens When I Decide To Receive Fixed Implant Dentures?
Examination and Planning
One of our dentists will examine both your overall and oral health to see if you qualify for the implants that will secure your fixed dentures. If yes, the exact type of dentures and your implant locations will be selected.
Any questions you have may be fielded to your dentist for an explanation. This conversation can help you to influence and feel confident about your treatment plan.
The implants and dentures will be placed on the same day.
Despite having your teeth restored immediately, your bone still needs to integrate with the new implants. This process can take around 6 months. Regular oral hygiene is important for maximizing your implants’ success and oral health in general.
The Convenience Of Fixed Implant Dentures
Having functional teeth immediately opens the door to implant-secured dentures for people who could not adjust their lifestyle and diet for half a year or more without teeth. Other conveniences include the following:
- Comfort: Fixed implant dentures don’t require you to wear a gum shield or any other type of mouthpiece. They are also more comfortable, with less bulk, than other types of dentures. They fit your mouth better and do not shift, so no more gum sores.
- Permanence: You cannot lose or forget these dentures. They are attached to you permanently. Because implants are fixed to the bone, they will stay in place for speaking and eating.
- Shorter Surgery Time: You can replace an entire arch of teeth and stimulate your bones with fewer implants.
- Convenience: They are easy to clean and can be replaced if necessary. Fixed implant dentures are not affected by food, drinks, or saliva.
Tooth Implant Cost For Fixed Implant Dentures
If you have already suffered bone loss and need a bone graft, or require periodontal disease treatment before receiving implants, the total cost will be higher due to one or two more procedures.
How Much Do All-On-4® Treatment Concept Dental Implants Cost Near Me?
The All-on-4 Treatment Concept cost depends on your needs and your insurance coverage. Dental insurance, payment plans, and third-party credit lenders can help our clients access this fast and life-transforming dental service.
Call Dental by Design for FREE All-on-4® Treatment Concept Consultation
When you’re ready for permanent implant dentures, contact us for a free All-on-4® Treatment Concept consultation. Dental by Design is ready to design you a beautiful new smile.